References to useful sources of information. Just click on any of the links below to go to the relevant web-page.
- Glossary of rail transport terms
- Hornby Railways Collector Guide
- The British Railway Modelling Directory
The Locoyard! website is an ever-changing and regularly (usually daily) updated blog for those interested in Heritage Railway and Scale Modelling.
Model Rail Magazine
Model Rail is Britain’s brightest and most informative magazine for model railway fans. Every issue is packed with the country’s finest home and club layouts, stunning photography, unbiased and in-depth product reviews, expert tips, layout plans, inspirational real railway subjects and step-by-step articles that really show you how.
- A5 Peco Shows You How Booklet:- Building Baseboards by Peco
- A5 Peco Shows You How Booklet:- Laying The Track by Peco
- A5 Peco Shows You How Booklet:- Wiring the Layout Part 1-1st Steps by Peco
- A5 Peco Shows You How Booklet:- Wiring the Layout Part 2 - More Advanced by Peco
- Hornby Book of Model Railways (New Edition) Paperback – 1 Jun 2009 by Chris Ellis (Author)
- The Newcomer's Guide to Model Railways: A Step-by-step Guide to the Complete Layout (Library of Railway Modelling) Paperback – 24 Jul 2009 by Brian Lambert (Author)
- A good range of books and DVDs on Modelling Skills from online from the Pendon Museum shop.